Tuesday, January 23, 2007

O-U-T: the three sweetest letters in the English alphabet!

Well, after two weeks of knowing that we were going to get the phone call from our agency today, I decided I needed to get out of the house and away from the phone. Wouldn't you know that meant that I finally DID recieve the phone call -- we are finally out of PGN (the Guatemalan government agency that approves or denies the adoption) after 9 and a half weeks!

Today I was with the cheerleaders at my old school helping them get ready for their competition. I had just finished talking with Jill and KeeKee about some of the changes that can be made to their routine if things aren't going smoothly and was ready to go to lunch. That's when the phone rang. Cynthia had said she knew that the call would come when she and I were together, but she got it slightly wrong. Evidently I needed to be with Jill. See, last March Jill had just walked into my class when I got the call from the front office that I had to call my adoption agency right away. Seems Jill has a more special roll in my children's lives than simply their favorite babysitter! Chris and I are going to keep her in our prayers forever, the special young lady that she is!

So, now we wait for a pink slip which will give us an appointment at the American embassy. Hopefully we can get the new birth certificate quickly, with her last name listed as Merrill and our names as her parents. Then is the passport, and finally all that paperwork is submitted to the embassy and they will give us an appointment for our interview. THREE WEEKS is the goal for all this to be done by so Chris can travel with me to pick up our daughter. That would be good in deed. Please Lord, have mercy on us. I can't take another long wait!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

The only time when one wants to get a pink slip!

And don't you worry, I will GLADY remind you of the mess you got us into well into our run!