Sunday, August 19, 2007

Nine states down

We have traveled through nine states (Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and now Virginia) in the past two days. Tomorrow, the final leg of our journey, we will make it most of the way through North Carolina on our way back home. Of course, home is a figurative term right now as technically our family is homeless -- that's right! We finally have a contract on our house and the buyers want to take possession immediately! Whooo Hoooo! Hopefully by the time Chris is stateside later this week we will have a residence until we head west in October, even better if I can finagle a beach house for that time.

Even better about our trip is that we got to stop in Maryland for a few hours and visit with the Big Freaks, my sorority sisters (wish you could have been with us Megers!) Silly me, though, forgot to take photos. It was nice to get off the high way and eat real food instead of fast food at a travel center. Plus, I love Kim, Dyana, and Sarah, and the kids and I got to see baby Quinn, Justin, and Sarah's parents, Jane and Jim. I don't even want to think about the next time we'll all be able to get together (Meg, I feel your pain, as we'll not be on the other side of the world for two years, but the other side of the country is starting to feel that way to me).

Well, Garrett has, thankfully, passed out in the hotel room, but Elena is screaming for all that she is worth. Seriously starting to worry that the other guests might turn me in for child abuse. Best to try to comfort her, but if last night is any comparison it won't be until about 10 before she settles down and then she'll simply pass out. Lovely -- Dada, won't the drive west be grand?

1 comment:

Katie said...

You are brave to travel that many states with kiddos -- I was tired just from coming back from NC !!