Well, Chris and I made the executive decision to fly to Guatemala on a wing and a prayer. We spent a large chunk of the day on Friday contacting our senators and representatives asking for help with our embassy appointment. Unfortunately the embassy is closed on Monday for Presidents' Day, so the earliest we will hear anything is Tuesday. We just didn't want to be sitting in the states waiting for the phone call only to find out we have an appointment first thing on Wednesday morning. I went through that stress last year with Garrett, and I don't want to do it again.
So, Tuesday morning we are taking off for Guatemala. Chris's folks are staying here with Garrett and my mom is flying in tomorrow to travel with us. That way if we don't get an appointment for Elena's visa this week I will still have someone with me down there. Worse case scenario is that Chris gets to spend four days with his little girl. I really hope that is not the case because this means so much to him. He really wants to be at our appointment, to give the oath that we will take care of our daughter forever (why don't all parents have to guarantee that?), and for us to travel home as a family next weekend. He doesn't get emotional about many things -- worked up about the Marine Corps keeping him from some of the stuff civilians get to do -- but this is a biggy to him. I'm praying that God will hear our prayers one more time on this.
Well, I guess I had best get away from the computer and finish packing. We have lots to do still before we leave and a busy day tomorrow. I'll keep you posted while we are gone -- just can't wait to have that little girl in my arms forever. Of course, the downside is I have to leave my little man behind, and I'm not sure how I'm going to do that for a week plus. Guess I'll see.