Sunday, April 04, 2010

Mountain Misadventures

After a week of staying close to the house because of Garrett's pneumonia, we all decided it was time to get out and about. Our choices were the beach, the mountains, or the desert. Papa wanted to see something "different" so we headed east since we go to the beach regularly. The kids and YaYa weren't excited about a three hour trip to the desert, so we drove up the "roller coaster" of Mount Palomar and enjoyed some views. Unfortunately, there was some haze so we couldn't see all the way to the ocean, but PaPa and YaYa were still impressed with the scenery. The kids had fun tromping around the rocks and woods. All in all, it was a grand adventure for the day!

PaPa and Miss Sassy


My best attempt at taking a pic of all 4 ruffians


Explorers on duty! (Notice the footware my Ghanaian angel decided to wear hiking!)


G Man with a really big stick


Hiking beauty


I'm so cool, I've got to wear shades :)


Nothing but grins and giggles from this one


Bouncing off the trees


I'll do whatever my brother does!


The girls making "fufu" -- and I love the ensemble my youngest chose for our adventure! Let's just say E decided to listen to Mommy next time she suggests sneakers, while L said she didn't like her flip flops for hiking but still won't listen to Mommy next time.


2 comments:

http://essaykings.co.uk/ said...

Are flip flops so lucky choice for active stone-climbing?)) I guess you would better insist on sneakers))

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!