Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane ...


So the week has finally come when I am getting on a jet plane and flying into the sunrise to pick up our children. Needless to say, there is a mixture of excitement, stress, and concern in the Merrill household. Mostly Daddy and Frick and Frack are concerned (Chris for my safety, G and E because I'll be "far, far away"). However all the stress and concern is well-tempered with the hopes and prayers that by Christmas we will be united as a family of SIX!!! So, as you can see above, I'm gathering all my goodies into one area and getting ready to pack. Of course, the rest of the house is looking like a tornado blew threw, but hey, something has to give. Tomorrow I pick up my mother-in-law from the airport. Dear Sherri is staying at the house to help Chris out with Garrett and Elena while I'm away and, I found out today, she's going to stay through Christmas to celebrate with us and Mick (my FIL) will fly in for or just after Christmas to meet his new grandkids! Hooray!!!

This blog will be the best way to track my progress in Ghana. I'll try to record my travels and upload photos as I can. Most likely I will not be able to get on FB. Please keep sending prayers for a smooth and expedited process. With all the American and Ghanaian holidays between now and the new year, we are going to need them to be home on the 20th of December.

Alright, guess I need to get back to my TO DO list (and yes, TO DO is in capitals because I have so much to do before leaving for a foreign country for a month!). Laters!

No comments: